Well, now that I’m riding my bike four or five times a week, I have found that there are several things I want for my bike:Â
- New petals and shoes – I currently have basket petals – I want clip-in petals, which take clip in shoes.Â I believeÂ this will improve my speed and longevity a lot.
- A sadle bag to replace my backpack – riding several miles with my laptop backpack on has proven to be difficult.Â I can doÂ it, but having a sadle bag to fit over my back tire would be much better (of coarse it would need to be able to fit my laptop at least) .
- A new rear shelf – the one I have won’t fit a sadle bag.
- Night lights – I currently don’t ride at night, so this is down on the list, but I want a head light and blinking tail light.Â When we get to winter it will be dark a lot sooner and for my ride home I will need lights for safety reasons.
- A new seat post – my current seat post is straight, but I have found that I need my seat to be a few inches back from where it is now.Â A new seat post that curves back would open the “cock pit” area up and allow me to be more comfortable.
- A new seat post clamp – I’m not using the correct terms here, but the clamp that is on my seat now is a “quick realse”, and those slip.Â I need a new clamp that I can tighten down in place that will not slip.Â Having my seat slip down causes knee pain and slows me down.
Well, I think that is it for now… :)